The Indianapolis Firefighters Museum and Fallen Firefighters Memorial is housed in old Fire Station #2 at 748 Massachusetts Avenue. It was in service from 1871 until 1929. The station was one of four identical structures built in the late 1870's and was, for its time, the state of the art in fire house design. It remains the oldest fire station in Marion County and the only one of the four 1870 structures still standing. It currently houses turn of the century horse and drawn apparatus on loan from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, courtesy of the Hulman family.